As tranquil streams that meet and merge and flow as one to seek the sea,
our kindred hearts and minds unite to build a church that shall be free —
Free from the bonds that bind the mind to narrow thought and lifeless creed;
free from a social code that fails to serve the cause of human need:
A freedom that reveres the past, but trusts the dawning future more;
and bids the soul, in search of truth, adventure boldly and explore.
Prophetic church, the future waits your liberating ministry;
go forward in the power of love, proclaim the truth that makes us free.
- A recent blog post by the late Reverend Ed Lane
- A sermon recently preached by the late Reverend Ed Lane regarding James Weldon Johnson
- Reverend Lane quoted in Gwen Simon Gain’s Flute in the Marching Band
- On the publication of The Pentagon Papers
- How The Pentagon Papers came to be published, a recounting by Amy Goodman
- Reverend Lane’s own account of the history of The Pentagon Papers publication