See the About section of this blog for a revision in the blog’s description and rules governing commenting made more explicit and prominent. In fact, I have copied these at the bottom of this post.
The heading of the blog has also been changed to more properly express my position and approach to addressing the climate emergency, and acknowledging that I am an ecopragmatist and embrace the Ecomodernist Manifesto.
Rules Regarding Posting Comments on this Blog
- I will not tolerate climate denial comments.
- I will not tolerate creationist comments.
- I will not tolerate insults or anything like slander against cultural groups, or groups based upon sexual preference or sexual identity.
- This is primarily a technical blog. While friendly discussion and humor is welcome, positions and proclamations or arguments are expected to be accompanied by evidence or citations of evidence, whether as links or as figures or equations. is available. Authors of long derivations or similar contributions might want to consider using Overleaf/ShareLaTeX for their pieces.
- Commenters who articulate extended interesting positions pertinent to the blog’s purpose may be asked to rewrite their comment as a guest post instead. If this happens, the comment will be held for moderation and the commenter contacted.
- Commenters are expected to use unique handles, that is, they oughtn’t use multiple pseudonyms or email addresses for the same person. This is not only a rule of this blog, but is a stipulation of the TOS for
- I am happy to fix syntactic mistakes in comments. I find WordPress really ought to provide a way for commenters to revise their postings, and, in the absence of such, am happy to help.
- I will never delete a comment without first simply holding it for moderation, and approaching the commenter, asking them to revise it, or explaining why I am holding it. In the absence of a reply, the comment may be held in moderation indefinitely.
- Comments may be deleted if the change is virulently opposed, or if the commenter has engaged in a series of violations of rules. Ultimately, as has happened, a commenter who abuses the rules will be banned from participation.
- In the end, I reserve the right to determine what’s appropriate here or not. This is my blog. I pay for it. There is no subsidy or advertising that helps pay for it.
This entry was posted in Anthropocene
, bridge to somewhere
, Buckminster Fuller
, climate change
, Ecology Action
, global warming
, Hermann Scheer
, Hyper Anthropocene
, Joseph Schumpeter
, leaving fossil fuels in the ground
, local generation
, local self reliance
, Mark Carney
, solar democracy
, solar domination
, Stewart Brand
, the energy of the people
, the green century
, Tony Seba
, wind energy
, wind power
, zero carbon
. Bookmark the permalink