Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson. I think he’s awesome. Marvelous. I saw him in Boston. He and I did not get off well, at the start, because of my being awestruck, and feeling very awkward, and the short time we had in his meeting us backstage in Boston. I regret that, but I could not be other than what I was.
And he would be the first to challenge that.
Because of Science. And its values. “Prove it,” I think he’d say.
This is much better than Religion, although those are my feelings and thoughts, not Dr Tyson’s.
“This is Science. It’s not something to toy with.”
All this is about people, and the human situation. Science is a means of getting beyond that.
“Recognize what Science is, and allow it to be and what it can be in the service of civilization.”
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The Ecological Society of America
- The American Statistical Association
- The American Meteorological Society
- The International Society for Bayesian Analysis